All atmospheres contain water vapor, but when the air is compressed, the relative humidity of the water increases to 100%. In order to avoid problems caused by water sedimentation in pipes and connected downstream equipment, compressed air must be dried.
Some ways to dry compressed air as follows:
The air is compressed to a higher pressure than the expected working pressure, which means that more water is condensed out of the system during the compression process. When the air is cooled in the compressor aftercooler, additional water is separated. The air is expanded to working pressure and obtained a lower pressure dew point . This method is only suitable for very small air flow rates due to its high energy consumption.
2. Refrigerant drying
The refrigerant drying process includes cooling the compressed air to allow a large amount of water to condense and separate. After cooling and condensation, the compressed air is reheated to room temperature so that condensation does not form outside the piping system.
3. Adsorption drying
The working principle of the adsorption dryer is simple , the moist air flows through the desiccant to dry. Once the desiccant material is absorbed by the water, it regenerates to restore its drying ability. Adsorption dryers are typically constructed using two dry containers, the first container drying the incoming compressed air and the second container responsible for the regeneration.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Precautions for oil filters
- Selection principle of air filter
- Application of Separator
- What is the oil-gas two-phase separator
- Operating Procedures for separators
- Pressure Swing control of separator
- Application of variable pressure liquid surface...
- What is screw type air compressor
- Brief introduction of screw type air compressor
- The advantages of screw compressor
- Three transmission modes of screw air compressor
- Advantages and disadvantages of inverter air co...
- Causes and Treatment of Screw Air Compressor Tr...
- Cause analysis and solution for failure of norm...
- How to extend the service life of air compressor.
- The method of cleaning the lubricant oil way in...